Events & Industry
Conference & Exhibition on Light Materials - Science and Technology
05. - 07. November 2019, Manchester, Great Britain
Do you want to know how Aluminium, Magnesium or Titanium can deliver your lightweight design?
The 3rd International Conference on Light Materials – Science and Technology (LightMAT 2019) gives a comprehensive overview and new insight into the three most important light metals Aluminium, Magnesium and Titanium and their combinations.
LightMAT 2019 gives a deep insight into the fundamentals and the specific requirements that apply to each of the three lightweight materials. The materials are viewed individually or in combination in multi-material designs, including the aspects of processing, joining and corrosion protection. In addition, LightMAT 2019 will focus on the advances in formability and novel forming technologies enabling light alloys to be shaped into complex components.
LightMAT 2019 provides a platform for academic and industrial researchers, scientists and engineers to present and discuss the recent development and progress made in Magnesium, Aluminium, Titanium and their alloys and materials combinations. Additional sessions are organized beyond single metals and address common processes and main applications, intended to provide comparison and cross fertilization, giving a wide overview of individual advances, challenges and highlights, covering:
- Conventional and advanced light weight applications and products in automotive, aerospace and other relevant transport and lightweight applications
- Fundamental aspects of the three metallic lightweight materials and their alloys, their processing and (physical) metallurgy issues involved
- Microstructure evolution, related properties and advanced simulation
- Industrial fabrication, processing, joining and corrosion protection issues
- Additive manufacturing of metallic structures enabling novel lightweight designs
- Formability and advanced forming of light alloys to shape complex parts
We wish you a pleasant and extraordinary conference experience and look forward to meeting you in Manchester.
A - Processing
AM - Additive Manufacture
B - Applications and performance
C - Alloy Development
D - Joining, Repair, and Multi-material designs
E - Characterization and testing
F - Computational materials design and engineering
LF – Special Topic - Light Metal Forming