Adhesive Bonding Technology
tesa® 64905 is a double-sided adhesive tape consisting of a conformable black PE foam backing and a LSE adhesive. With a thickness of 0.5 mm, it is suitable for mounting of small parts, like emblem.
The LSE adhesive features a high initial adhesion to LSE clear coats and LSE plastics like PP and PP/EPDM, and MSE plastics like ABS and PC without using primer. It reaches ultimate peel adhesion level right after application. Additionally, it even provides near to ultimate performance at an application temperature as low as 5°C. The impressive cold shock performance results from the damping properties of the PE foam backing even at temperatures below -40°C. Due to its high conformability, the tape ensures a good wet out and secure bonding also on uneven surfaces and compensates for design tolerances. The PE foam backing also provides non-sticky edges resulting in excellent converting properties, e.g. for die cutting. Additionally, the tape combines high cohesive strength with a comparatively low density contributing positively to a low weight design.
- High initial adhesion to LSE and MSE surfaces without primer
- Near to ultimate peel adhesion level right after application
- Good performance at an application temperature as low as 5°C
- Conformable foam backing to compensate design tolerances or uneven surfaces
- Reliable performance at higher temperatures
- Excellent converting properties LSE: low surface energy MSE: medium surface energy
tesa® 64905 is suitable for mounting a wide range of small exterior and interior trims and parts.
Example applications are:
- Small decorative exterior and interior trims
- Lettering like single letters for classification of car models or engine data